I really like this HaT 'Toy Soldier' box that my Austrian Artillery arrived in this week, not seen one like it before as it's just a kind of generic box with no dedicated box art, and as I purchased them second hand on eBay I guess it's an older box maybe? The artillery is a great box set with 4 guns and 24 crew figures for £6 that I paid! I only require 2 for my DBN army so wasted no time in painting them up. Also painted another 'Hungarian' unit this week from the Austrian shako set so I painted the yellow knots on the tops of the trousers, I'm happy with them anyway.
Just need two bases of Chevauleger to complete the 12 element army (plus command base). I now have the first Bavarian infantry on order and what a fantastic set they are, Link to Plastic Soldier Review of the set: HERE
A few more photos so far.










Plenty to delight, which of course is exactly what this project does.
ReplyDeleteThanks Norm. Something about the arrival of a box of plastic soldiers on sprues just delights me!
DeleteCheers
Lee.
Superbly painted Lee. The generic boxes were used with some of the re-issues of the range.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thank you James for that, I'm new to the 1/72nd ranges but really like them.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Lee.
Those look fantastic thinking I may want to reconsider DBN. Keep 'em coming very inspiring...
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :)
DeleteLee.
Dunno about the box, but the troops look fab!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray,
DeleteLee
Remember there is no such thing as “too many Austrians”.
ReplyDeleteThey are certainly fun to paint and thanks again for the tip :)
DeleteLee.
Splendid looking Austrians, Ive just been prepping my hat Bavarians, in 28mm they form the bulk if Wredes division for me, so looking forward to yours to give me some pointers!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain